FOOD TRIVIA QUIZ 429
1) The unopened flower bud of a plant belonging to the thistle family.
Name this flower bud.
2) The annual per capita consumption of beer in the U.S. is about:
• a) 10 gallons
• b) 22 gallons
• c) 28 gallons
• d) 34 gallons
• e) 46 gallons
3) Which of these has the most Vitamin C?
• a) Oranges
• b) Lemons
• c) Red Bell Peppers
• d) Limes
• e) Green Bell Peppers
4) In 1490 there were an estimate 30 million; in 1890 there were only 750; in 2002 there were about 90,000.
What animal is this?
5) More than 1.8 billion pounds of sweet potatoes are produced each year in the U.S.
What are the top 4 producing states?
6) What is the white edible portion of cauliflower called?
7) Where did the thousands of cherry trees in Washington D.C. come from?
8) SPAM was created in 1937 by the Hormel Company.
8-A) About how many cans have been sold?
8-B) What is the SPAM mascot, and what is its name?
9) What modern day crop do scientists believe is descended from the wild grass commonly known as 'teosinte?'
10) What were the original 7 flavors of Kool-Aid?
11) In the 1930s, Admiral Byrd took 2 1/2 tons of this candy to the South Pole - almost a pound a week for each of his men during their two year stay in the Antarctic.
What was this candy?