FoodReference.com (since 1999)
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_In_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who's_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | FOOD_TRIVIA_QUIZZES | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals_&_Events
FOOD TRIVIA QUIZ SECTION
You are here > Home >
There is a link to the answers at the bottom of each quiz
FREE Magazines and
n extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
1) Americans spend what % of their after tax income on groceries?
How about in Japan, Germany and India?
• a) 6%
• b) 10%
• c) 16%
• d) 17%
• e) 25%
• f) 50%
2) Thyme, sage, betony, horehound, rosemary, hyssop, lavender, and savory are all members of what plant family?
3) Marshmallows were originally made from a plant, the marsh mallow.
Which of the following plants are in this same Mallow family?
• a) Hollyhock
• b) Cotton
• c) Okra
• d) Rose of Sharon
4) Can you name a vegetable that has 2 to 4 times as much vitamin C as Oranges?
5) Which specific part of chili peppers are the hottest?
6-A) Why is salt used to preserve food such as salt fish, corned beef, etc.?
6-B) What human endeavor was made possible in part by salt fish?
7) What is Manchego and what connection does it have to Don Quixote?
8) What fruit is the design motif known as 'Paisley' based on?
9) The leading producer of Maple Syrup is:
• a) Quebec
• b) Vermont
• c) Minnesota
• d) New York
• c) Ontario
10) What was created by Auguste Escoffier in 1897, and supposedly named by Cesar Ritz of the Savoy (or his wife Marie) in honor of Helen Porter Mitchell, an Australian native.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.