FOOD TRIVIA QUIZ #314
1) Which of the following foods were introduced to America from Europe ?
[a] the white potato;
[b] the tomato;
[c] the pumpkin.
2) Which of the following dishes were created in Italy?
[a] Caesar Salad;
[b] Fettuccine primavera;
[c] Chicken Tetrazzini.
3) Liederkranz Cheese comes from which country?
[c] United States;
4) In 1925, how many restaurants were in New York City?
5) Hello-Billo, Korn Kure, Malt-Ho, Tryabita, Tryachewa, Oatsina and Orange Meat were all brand names of what type of food in the early 1900s?
[a] Breakfast cereals;
[b] health drinks;
[c] vegetarian meat substitutes;
[d] varieties of corn.
6) The slang term 'moxie,' meaning the ability to face difficulty with spirit and courage, comes from:
[a] WW I army slang;
[b] the name of a breakfast cereal;
[c] the name of a soft drink;
[d] a 1920s banker named George Moxie.
7) Hershey introduced the 5 cent Hershey bar in 1903.
For how long did the price remain a nickel?
[a] 25 years;
[b] 43 years;
[c] 52 years;
[d] 67 years.
8) While we are on the subject of Hershey, what candy product did Milton Stavely Hershey first become rich selling?
[b] chocolate bars;
9) In 1887, John Styth Pemberton, the Atlanta pharmacist who created Coca-Cola, sold a two thirds interest in his company for how much?
[d] $25 million.
10) More than 75% of the world's supply of maple syrup comes from where?
[b] New Hampshire;
[c] New York;