FOOD TRIVIA QUIZ 312
1) Where does cream of tartar come from?
[a] tartar sauce; [b] old wine casks; [c] a plant
2) Where is the highest concentration of vitamin C found in a tomato?
[a] the skin;
[b] the seeds;
[c] the jelly-like substance around the seeds
3) How did the first American millionaire make his fortune?
[a] manufacturing hunting rifles;
[b] importing black pepper;
[c] importing rum
4) Historians believe the mint julep originated where?
5) Which of the following fruits are grown on every continent except Antarctica?
6) Which of these items was so expensive up until the 1500s that it was used in small amounts in medicines, but not in food?
7) Which of the following are mentioned in the Old testament and are among the earliest cultivated foods?
[a] almonds and dates;
[b] rice and wheat;
[c] basil and saffron
8) Those with thyroid problems should avoid eating large amount of what foods?
[a] salt and lemons;
[b] cabbage and cauliflower;
[c] asparagus and broccoli
9) There are 3 varieties of this cheese, a 'white', a 'red' and a 'blue veined'. It is the oldest named cheese made in the British Isles.
Which cheese do these statements describe?
10) What are the 3 major fruits native to North America?
[a] apples, blueberries, Thompson seedless grapes;
[b] cranberries, Concord grapes, apples;
[c] blueberries, Concord grapes, cranberries