FoodReference.com (since 1999)
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_In_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who's_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | FOOD_TRIVIA_QUIZZES | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals_&_Events
FOOD TRIVIA QUIZ SECTION
You are here > Home >
There is a link to the answers at the bottom of each quiz
FREE Magazines and
n extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
1) Where does cream of tartar come from?
[a] tartar sauce; [b] old wine casks; [c] a plant
2) Where is the highest concentration of vitamin C found in a tomato?
[a] the skin;
[b] the seeds;
[c] the jelly-like substance around the seeds
3) How did the first American millionaire make his fortune?
[a] manufacturing hunting rifles;
[b] importing black pepper;
[c] importing rum
4) Historians believe the mint julep originated where?
5) Which of the following fruits are grown on every continent except Antarctica?
6) Which of these items was so expensive up until the 1500s that it was used in small amounts in medicines, but not in food?
7) Which of the following are mentioned in the Old testament and are among the earliest cultivated foods?
[a] almonds and dates;
[b] rice and wheat;
[c] basil and saffron
8) Those with thyroid problems should avoid eating large amount of what foods?
[a] salt and lemons;
[b] cabbage and cauliflower;
[c] asparagus and broccoli
9) There are 3 varieties of this cheese, a 'white', a 'red' and a 'blue veined'. It is the oldest named cheese made in the British Isles.
Which cheese do these statements describe?
10) What are the 3 major fruits native to North America?
[a] apples, blueberries, Thompson seedless grapes;
[b] cranberries, Concord grapes, apples;
[c] blueberries, Concord grapes, cranberries
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.