FOOD TRIVIA QUIZ 309
1) Superstition about this herb held that it its leaves had the power to turn into scorpions, and even smelling it might bring a scorpion into the brain! What is this curious herb?
2) This cheese has been made since the 15th century, is made in giant wheels that can weigh well over 200 pounds, and is Switzerland's oldest cheese.
What is the name of this cheese (other than 'Swiss cheese')?
3) When and where is the ‘Night of the Radishes’?
4) What is the difference between the liquid in a can of salmon and the liquid in a can of tuna?
5) Portobello mushrooms are actually the mature, fully opened form of what mushroom?
6) What aromatic herb is a member of the parsley or carrot family, indigenous to the regions around the Black and Caspian Seas, and is an essential ingredient of 'fines herbes'?
7) Chopsticks originated in China almost 4,000 years ago.
What concept did the replacement of knives for chopsticks supposedly represent?
8) What 3 seasonings are most frequently found in American homes? (Besides plain salt and pepper).
9) What country uses about half of the world production of cloves, and what is it used for?
10) What percentage of cola beverages are consumed with or instead of breakfast?