Foodreference.com September 19, 2001 Food Crossword Puzzle
NOTE: PRINT page to work on puzzle. A link to the solution is below.
CLICK HERE to return to Previous Page
1. Asian tree having clusters of usually white blossoms and edible fruit
4. Hard-cooked egg encased in sausage meat then breaded and deep-fried
6. A fruit resembling scrambled eggs or brains
7. A loaf of bread weighing about 4 pounds
10. A food rich in sugar
12. Fermented beverage heavier than beer
13. Distilled from the juice of a fruit with a single hard stone
16. Leaves sometimes used for flavoring fruit or claret cup but should be used with great caution: can cause irritation like poison ivy
18. Sweet green or white mint-flavored liqueur
20. Small Mediterranean evergreen tree with small blackish berries and glossy aromatic leaves used for flavoring in cooking
22. Cooky or Mason
23. A light roll rich with eggs and butter and somewhat sweet
24. Small bushy deciduous tree native to Asia and North Africa having pretty pink blossoms and highly prized edible nuts enclosed in a hard green hull; cultivated in southern Australia and California
25. Second most popular sandwich at the deli
1. New growth of a leguminous plant grown for hay or forage
2. Source of Canola oil.
3. 303 is a popular one
4. Long bean pods always sliced into half-inch lengths; a favorite in Britain
5. A Canadian ground pork, veal and onion pie
8. A large vessel for making coffee or tea.
9. Half sweet
10. Soup made from chicken boiled with leeks
11. Small black or red ones are used to make wine
15. Male roe deer
17. Edible subterranean fungus of the genus Tuber
19. A traditional shallow earthenware Moroccan cooking pot with a conical lid
21. Any of a number of tropical vines of the genus Dioscorea many having edible tuberous roots
Copyright © 2001, James T. Ehler.