Foodreference.com September 19, 2001 Food Crossword Puzzle
NOTE: PRINT page to work on puzzle. A link to the solution is below.
CLICK HERE to return to Previous Page
1. A preserve made from the jelled juice of a tropical fruit having yellow skin and pink pulp
4. Sex hormone 'estrogen' was first made from a compound in this tuber.
7. A covered pot used to slowly cook food in fat and a little moisture
9. The sharp taste of something acidic
11. Annual Asian plant with clusters of small pinkish white flowers and small edible triangular seeds used whole or ground into flour
12. Camellia sinensis
13. Cook in a simmering liquid
17. Small round cooked dough and an edible emulsion of fat globules
18. (Scotland) a small loaf or roll of soft bread.
19. Gauze-like fabric
20. White poultry meat
21. An old name for a strong ale
22. A thin porridge of usually oatmeal or cornmeal
1. A utensil of parallel metal bars; used to grill fish or meat
2. Fermented beverage heavier than beer
3. A wide-mouthed vessel without handles
5. A mold lined with cake and filled with fruit from a native Eurasian tree with sweet to tart crisp whitish flesh
6. A chilled mixture of stiffly beaten egg whites, sugar, gelatin and various flavorings.
7. Begining gateau
8. Usually large hard-shelled seed
10. A slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water
11. Boston's favorite
14. Sterilizing device
15. Iron or earthenware cooking pot; used for stews
16. Red late-ripening apple; primarily eaten raw
Copyright © 2001, James T. Ehler.