ROASTED TURKEY WITH SEASONING RUB
Classic and unique Thanksgiving recipes that are sure to “spice” up your holiday menu. Courtesy of Maria Zoitas, creator of “Maria’s Homemade” line of prepared food at Westside Market NYC.
(Yields 6 – 8 Servings)
• 1-16Lb. Murray’s raw whole turkey (remove gribbles, season turkey with butter, fresh rosemary, fresh chopped thymes, fresh chopped sage, salt, black pepper, paprika, fresh chopped garlic.)
• 1 Stalk celery (cut ½ inch)
• 1 Whole white onions (cut ½ inch)
• 1 Large carrot peeled and cut ¼ inch (in rings)
• 2 Whole granny smith apples
• Fresh rosemary (1 teaspoon)
• Fresh sage (1 teaspoon)
• Fresh thyme (1 teaspoon)
• Salt (2 teaspoons)
• 2 Cups of water
• 1 Cup of white wine
• Black pepper (1 teaspoon)
• Paprika (½ teaspoon)
• Fresh garlic chopped (1 teaspoon)
1. Preheat oven for 15 minutes at 350°F.
2. Rub turkey with butter, fresh chopped sage, fresh chopped thyme and rosemary, salt, black pepper and chopped garlic.
3. Rub turkey breast in between skin and meat.
4. Season the cavity of turkey with onions, celery, carrots and the two whole apples, salt and pepper.
5. Place the seasoned turkey into a roasting pan on a wire rack, and add 2 cups of water and 1 cup of white wine into bottom of the pan.
6. Cover the turkey with aluminum foil and bake for about 2 ½ hours.
7. Uncover turkey after 2 ½ hours put back in the oven for additional 1 ½ hour.
8. Use the drips to make gravy.
RUB MIXTURE FOR TURKEY:
1. Combine 2 tbsp. Three Olives Olive Oil, 2 tbsp. melted butter and ½ tsp. each of sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
2. Stir in 1 tbsp. each of rosemary, sage, thyme and marjoram, blending well.
3. Then, take 1 tbsp. of this wonderfully aromatic mixture and rub onto the outside of your turkey, then put the remaining seasonings inside, patting the cavity throughout.
Fun Fact: Feel free to get creative with your choice of seasonings and proportions. Try a rub that includes chopped parsley, onion powder, or whatever makes your mouth water.
* Recipe courtesy of “Maria’s Homemade” and Westside Market NYC