Foodreference.com October 25, 2001 Food Crossword Puzzle
NOTE: PRINT page to work on puzzle. A link to the solution is below.
CLICK HERE to return to Previous Page
2. A relish consisting of chopped vegetables pickled in mustard
4. Cook slowly and for a long time in liquid
6. A dessert of firm, smooth custard with a topping of caramel syrup.
7. Raspberry native to eastern North America having black thimble-shaped fruit
11. All European and American ones lay their eggs in the Sargasso Sea.
12. Infusion or plunger coffeepot (French)
15. A white crystalline double sulfate of aluminum
19. Concentrated dairy product
21. Eclair topped with chocolate
22. Bergamot flavored beverage
24. A leguminous plant of the genus Pisum
26. An ice containing milk
27. Small-holed Swiss cheese
1. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold
2. Considered by many to be the best balanced Bordeaux; named after a medieval fortress of which only a tower remains
3. A confection consisting of crushed sesame seeds in a binder of honey.
5. High, Irish or breakfast
8. A dry table wine, usually red, originally produced in northwest Italy.
9. A small sharp knife used in peeling fruits or vegetables
10. Second most popular sandwich at the deli
13. Finely ground and highly spiced meat, fish, or poultry that is served alone or used in stuffing.
14. A pungent Eurasian herb (Rorippa nasturtium-aquaticum) of the mustard family, growing in freshwater ponds & streams; used in salads & as a garnish.
17. Tea leaves that have been semi-fermented before being dried; grown in China
18. An older name for the broad bean, alternate spelling.
20. Superior dark coffee made from beans from Arabia
23. Leaves sometimes used for flavoring fruit or claret cup but should be used with great caution: can cause irritation like poison ivy
24. Dish baked in pastry-lined pan often with a pastry top
25. Fermented beverage heavier than beer
Copyright © 2001, James T. Ehler.