MULLET, BROILED FLORIDA
Yield: 6 servings.
• 2 pounds Florida mullet fillets*
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Place fillets in a single layer on a lightly oiled broil- and- serve platter.
Combine oil and remaining ingredients; mix well.
Pour sauce over fillets.
Broil about 4 inches from source of heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested.
Baste once during broiling with sauce in pan.
*Seafood alternatives: pompano, Spanish mackerel, bluefish
Per serving: calories 218, calories from fat 99, total fat 11g, saturated fat 2g, cholesterol 74mg, total carbohydrate 2g, protein 28g.
Florida Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture