Foodreference.com August 7, 2001 Meat Crossword
NOTE: PRINT page to work on puzzle. A link to the solution is below.
CLICK HERE to return to Previous Page
1. A meat substitute popular with vegetarians in 1900
5. American bison
7. A cut of meat with fat and bone trimmed
10. Concentrated meat juices, melted fat and browned bits left in the bottom of a roasting pan after meat has been roasted
12. An adult female hog
14. Black hornless breed from Scotland
15. Developed by natural selection and adaptation from the first cattle brought to America over 500 years ago by the Spanish
18. The flesh of animals used as food
19. An entree of meat or fish of 2 kinds, or of one kind prepared in two different ways
21. (Viennese) deep-fried breaded veal cutlets
23. A slice of meat cut from the fleshy part of an animal or large fish
24. Andouille, chipolata, mettwurst
1. Goat, mutton or beef wrapped in a banana or maguey leaves and cooked.
2. Woolly usually horned ruminant mammal related to the goat
3. The national organization that works with the USDA to formulate meat cutting standards
4. A cut of meat without the bone.
6. Euphemism for dog meat
8. Created in 1942 for the Texas State Fair by Neil Fletcher; a maize hound.
9. In 1973 this carcinogen was found in fried bacon
11. French for lamb
13. Make older
16. The dead body of an animal esp. one slaughtered and dressed for food
17. A butcher's implement having a large square blade
20. Rib section of a forequarter of veal or pork or especially lamb or mutton
22. The back part of the hindquarter of a meat animal
Copyright © 2001, James T. Ehler.