FoodReference.com May 10, 2001 Culinary Crossword
NOTE: PRINT page to work on puzzle. A link to the solution is below.
CLICK HERE to return to Previous Page
4. A cleansing agent made from the salts of vegetable or animal fats
9. Small rounded bread and an edible emulsion of fat globules
10. Coarse edible red seaweed
12. An open vessel with a handle and a spout for pouring
15. Dish topped with ground almonds named for a town in Derbyshire
17. White crystalline form of especially sodium chloride used to season and preserve food
18. Wheat with hard dark-colored kernels high in gluten and used for bread and pasta
21. A loaf of bread weighing about 4 pounds
23. Metal container for storing dry foods such as tea or flour.
24. Absorbent material fastened to a handle; for cleaning floors
1. The bitter bark of a South American tree
2. Fermented alcoholic beverage heated with sugar and spices
3. A crisp bread of fine white flour
4. A ridged steel rod used to sharpen knives
5. Fermented beverage heavier than beer
7. A cooking surface built into the work surface of a kitchen and fitted with burners
8. A white wine from Bordeaux, 'between two seas'
11. Rum cut with water
13. A Metal cooking vessel that is usually round and deep; often has a handle and lid, bearing the least resemblance to black
14. Dry red Bordeaux or Bordeaux-like wine
15. Small round bread leavened with baking-powder or soda
16. A hardy cabbage with coarse curly leaves that do not form a head
19. Caramelized sugar cooled in thin sheets
20. A large open container for holding or storing liquids
22. Distilled from fermented molasses
Copyright © 2001, James T. Ehler.