Foodreference.com June 13, 2001 Culinary Crossword -
NOTE: PRINT page to work on puzzle. A link to the solution is below.
CLICK HERE to return to Previous Page
2. A fruity and fizzy red Italian table wine
6. A large open container for holding or storing liquids
7. A deep-fried burrito.
8. Any of various devices for taking hold of objects; usually have two hinged legs with handles above and pointed hooks below
9. Fermented beverage heavier than beer
11. Made by boiling pure sugar until it hardens
13. Scottish for turnip
14. Italian brandy made from residue of grapes after pressing
16. A thorny Eurasian bush with plumlike fruits
18. A substance that lessens the hardness of water giving it more efficient sudsing
20. Mollusk that lives on vine leaves.
22. No Clue
23. What you do with a salad
24. Cheif ingredient of black bread
1. Superior dark coffee made from beans from Arabia
2. A small shrub-like tree grown in tropical and subtropical areas and its edible acid fruit.
3. Fantasy creature from Alice in Wonderland
4. Put into a new order
5. House spuds
6. Metal container for storing dry foods such as tea or flour.
10. An open vessel with a handle and a spout for pouring
12. Empty of liquid.
13. An old name for a strong ale
15. Asian tree having clusters of usually white blossoms and edible fruit
16. An edible clam with thin oval-shaped shell found in coastal regions of the United States and Europe
17. Pot marjoram
19. Jealous of S
21. No Clue
Copyright © James T. Ehler, 2001.