GRILLED TURKEY SALAD WITH DIJON MUSTARD DRESSING
• 1 Pound Turkey Breast Tenderloins or Cutlets, grilled
• 12 to 16 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
• 12 to 16 small mushrooms, cut in half
• 1 small red onion, peeled, thinly sliced, separated into rings
• 1 medium sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into long thin strips
• 1/2 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
• 1/3 to 1/2 cup Dijon mustard dressing, commercial or homemade*
• 4 cups torn mixed salad greens, chilled and divided
coarsely ground black pepper
1) With a sharp knife, cut grilled turkey across the grain into 1-1/2 " x 1/4" strips.
2) In a large bowl, combine turkey, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, sweet red pepper strips and parsely.
3) Add Dijon dressing, tossing lightly to coat turkey and vegetables thoroughly.
4) Arrange about 1 cup crisp torn mixed salad greens on each of 4 small dinner plates.
5) Spoon turkey mixture onto lettuce-lined plates, dividing evenly.
6) Sprinkle each salad lightly with coarsely ground black pepper.
HOMEMADE DIJON DRESSING
• 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
• 1-1/2 teaspoon prepared Dijon-style mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic juice or 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
• 1/2 teaspoon sugar
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2/3 cup salad oil
1) Whisk the first 5 ingredients listed above in a small bowl.
2) Gradually whisk oil into mixture until thickened and thoroughly blended.
3) Store covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts per serving
Calories from Fat 128
Total Fat 14g
Saturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
Dietary Fiber 3g
National Turkey Federation - www.eatturkey.com/
Recipe Source: Cargill