Foodreference.com October 11, 2001 Fruits 2 Crossword
NOTE: PRINT page to work on puzzle. A link to the solution is below.
CLICK HERE to return to Previous Page
1. Dried unripe berry of a tropical SE Asian shrub of the pepper family that is used as seasoning and smoked in cigarettes.
5. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit
7. Edible subterranean fungus of the genus Tuber
9. Elongated crescent-shaped yellow fruit with soft sweet flesh
10. Large tropical seed pod with very tangy pulp that is eaten fresh or cooked with rice and fish or preserved for curries and chutneys
12. Small bushy deciduous tree native to Asia and North Africa having pretty pink blossoms and highly prized edible nuts enclosed in a hard green hull; cultivated in southern Australia and California
14. Medium-sized largely seedless mandarin orange with thin smooth skin
15. A small shrub-like tree grown in tropical and subtropical areas and its edible acid fruit.
17. Yellow-fleshed fruit related to custard apples
19. Small black or red ones are used to make wine
24. Large oval smooth-skinned tropical fruit with juicy aromatic pulp and a large hairy seed
25. A variety of small cantaloupe grown in Israel
26. Erect European blueberry having solitary flowers and blue-black berries
1. The helmsman of a ship's boat or a racing crew
3. Small tree with pear-shaped fruit whose oil is used in perfumery and confectionery
4. Three-sided tropical American nut with white oily meat and hard brown shell
6. Brazilian passionflower cultivated for its deep purple fruit
8. The inedible nutlike seed of the horse chestnut
11. An inferior variety of damson plum
13. Small deciduous Eurasian tree cultivated for its fruit that resemble crab apples
16. Seed of the Areca palm
18. Growing wild; escaped from cultivation, especially a wild apple tree
20. Usually large hard-shelled seed
22. Fleshy indehiscent fruit with a single seed: e.g. almond; peach; olive
23. A spring-flowering shrub or small tree of the genus Crataegus
Copyright © 2001. James T. Ehler.