Foodreference.com March 27, 2001 Culinary Crossword
NOTE: PRINT page to work on puzzle. A link to the solution is below.
CLICK HERE to return to Previous Page
1. From the beard to the tail.
6. The goat god.
8. Wine spice with sugar, lemons and nutmeg, named for an English army officer who died in 1732.
10. Gallic paste
15. To mix the dry ingredients of a shortcrust pastry to a crumbly, almost powdery, consistency. (LaRousse) 2 words
16. Reverse malaria treatment and juniper spirits.
18. Ridged rod
20. The abode of mortals
22. ___ of butter
25. A large vessel for making coffee or tea.
26. Metal container for storing dry foods such as tea or flour.
27. Wine storage
28. Milk's leap toward immortality
2. A receptacle fitted beneath the grate.
3. An ancient sweet (candy) of cooked sugar
4. (Italian) Big tubes; large reeds.
5. Container for roe.
9. Cooky or Mason
11. A porous earthen vessel in which water is cooled by evaporation.
12. Between the plate and the foreleg
14. Steak and ______ ___
21. A cooking surface built into the work surface of a kitchen and fitted with burners
23. A Bath or Chelsea or one in the oven
Copyright © 2001, James T. Ehler.