Foodreference.com August 2, 2001 Cooking Utensils Crossword
NOTE: PRINT page to work on puzzle. A link to the solution is below.
CLICK HERE to return to Previous Page
2. Type of strainer
8. A traditional shallow earthenware Moroccan cooking pot with a conical lid
10. A long deep cooking container with two handles, a grid, and a lid.
12. A physical feature sometimes needed to cook foods with charcoal or wood
13. The goat god.
15. A rectangular stainless steel pan with a lip, usual size is 12 X 20 inches
16. One of the oldest utensils
17. Necessary to make Stilton cheese
18. Pan with a convex bottom, used for frying in certain countries
20. Used to cook semolina in North Africa
21. An appliance used in breadmaking
22. Italian and Portuguese for oven
1. A cabinet designed to maintain a warm moist temperature of 85 to 90 degrees F
3. An earthenware pot used to cook stews in Spain, Central & South America
4. Iron or earthenware cooking pot; used for stews
5. A framework of metal bars used as a partition or a grate
6. A compartment that retains heat in order to bake a food.
7. A round shallow pan with straight of flared sides and a handle
9. The single, central kernel or stone of certain fruits
10. A long narrow, metal pan with a perforated rack used to raise and lower fish in one piece.
11. Metal or pottery which has been overlayed with a hard, glassy substance
14. Can be made from flexible vegetable fibers
19. Metal or earthenware cooking vessel that is usually round and deep; often has a handle and lid
Copyright © 2001, James T. Ehler.