Foodreference.com October 18, 2001 Beverage 2 Crossword
NOTE: PRINT page to work on puzzle. A link to the solution is below.
CLICK HERE to return to Previous Page
1. Made of fermented honey and water
4. Any of various light dry strong white wine from Spain and Canary Islands
6. cocktail made of fruit syrup, lemon juice, seltzer and liquor served in a highball glass over cracked ice
8. An illicitly distilled (and usually inferior) alcoholic liquor
9. An old name for a strong ale
10. Popular carbonated beverage
12. An alcoholic drink taken at bedtime
15. Italian red or white wine harvested on the slopes of Massico mountains in Campania
16. A fine variety of black tea grown especially in northern India
17. Unfermented or fermenting malt
19. Tea leaves that have been semi-fermented before being dried; grown in China
21. To make this properly, at least 5 minutes of shaking is required.
23. Whiskey made from malted barley in a pot still
24. Cocktail made of fruit syrup (usually raspberry), lemon juice, seltzer and liquor served in highball glass over cracked ice
1. Slang for illicit liquor
2. Vinegar produced by the fermentation of ale
3. An indigent wine drinking alcoholic
4. Strong dark heavy-bodied porter
5. Powder of ground roasted cacao beans with most of the fat removed
7. Made from flowers of a plant of the genus Taraxacum having long tap roots and deeply notched leaves
10. A beverage made by percolation, infusion, or decoction from roasted and ground seeds
11. Sweetened milk or cream mixed with eggs and usually alcoholic liquor
13. Cocktail made of brandy, campagne, sugar & Angostura bitters, garnished with lemon wedge
14. A superior grade of black tea; grown in India and Sri Lanka and Java
18. An iced mixed drink usually containing alcohol and prepared for multiple servings
19. Anise-flavored Greek liquor
20. Wine spice with sugar, lemons and nutmeg, named for an English army officer who died in 1732.
22. Portuguese, Chinese and British slang for tea
Copyright © 2001, James T. Ehler.