Foodreference.com August 29, 2001 Food Crossword
NOTE: PRINT page to work on puzzle. A link to the solution is below.
CLICK HERE to return to Previous Page
8. Distilled from fermented molasses
10. Thin flat unleavened cake of baked oatmeal
11. Second most popular sandwich at the deli
12. Any of various shrubs of the genera Cytisus or Genista or Spartium having long slender branches and racemes of yellow flowers
13. Grass whose starchy grains are used as food: wheat; rice; rye; oats; maize; buckwheat; millet
15. A small knife with a dull blade
17. Eggs cooked by sauteing in oil or butter
18. Evergreen tree cultivated in the Mediterranean region since antiquity and now elsewhere; has edible shiny black fruits
20. A dessert made with choux paste
21. Soup made from chicken boiled with leeks
1. With sharp-edged perforations for foods (as vegetables or cheese)
2. (British) leftover cabbage and potatoes and meat fried together
3. Brined bovine
4. Small genus of Asiatic herbs
5. Rum cut with water
6. A brownish, bitter, foul-smelling resinous material obtained from roots of Asian member of parsley family, used as a condiment.
7. Cook slowly and for a long time in liquid
9. Absorbent material fastened to a handle; for cleaning floors
12. Not named for the baseball great
16. All European and American ones lay their eggs in the Sargasso Sea.
18. French spinach or sea purslane
19. The principal dish of a meal
Copyright © 2001, James T. Ehler.