Foodreference.com August 17, 2001 Food Crossword
NOTE: PRINT page to work on puzzle. A link to the solution is below.
CLICK HERE to return to Previous Page
5. A brownish, bitter, foul-smelling resinous material obtained from roots of Asian member of parsley family, used as a condiment.
9. John Montagu was the Earl of
12. Brown bread
15. Roman emperor Tiberius grew them in carts so his slaves could wheel them around to catch the sun.
17. The most robust of red Bordeaux wines, sometimes called masculine wine
19. Greek crown
20. Similar to ginger ale
1. Cook in liquid
2. Dish topped with ground almonds named for a town in Derbyshire
3. From a boned strip of cured pork loin
4. Cook briefly; as of vegetables
6. A slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water
7. ____ a salad.
10. Marie Harel combined cheesemaking methods of Normandy and Brie to develop this cheese in 1792
11. An implement used to cut cooked dough
13. These are roasted and used as a coffee substitute
15. 303 is a popular one
16. A large open container for holding or storing liquids
17. A source of oil; used for forage and soil improvement and as food
18. Oval reproductive body of a fowl used as food
Copyright © 2001, James T. Ehler.