April 4, 2001 Culinary Crossword
NOTE: PRINT page to work on puzzle. A link to the solution is below.
CLICK HERE to return to Previous Page
2. Most highly proteinaceous vegetable crop known
3. 303 is a popular one
5. Bergamot flavored beverage
8. California steam beer.
11. Collect or look around for (food)
13. Unleavened Passover bread
14. Cake named for 1001 Nights character
15. An old name for a strong ale
17. Eurasian seashore plant related to cabbage
18. (French) Flavored with hot spices
19. Pungent sauce of soy and vinegar and spices
21. Piscatorial platter
22. Dish made with batter poured sparingly into a frying pan
23. Small black or red ones are used to make wine
26. A slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water
30. All European and American ones lay their eggs in the Sargasso Sea.
31. Used to mix partner of 28 across
1. A method of preparing rice which originated in the East.
2. A cooking device with an overhead heat source like a broiler.
3. Blue ribbon
4. Mace covers it
7. Sex hormone 'estrogen' was first made from a compound in this tuber.
9. (French) Croissant dough rolled around dark chocolate.
10. Swiss cheese with nutty flavor often used in cooking
12. Hindquarter of deer.
16. 'Good guy' drink of early American western movies
17. Butter-rich Scottish cookie
20. An open vessel with a handle and a spout for pouring
24. Boil and bake roll
25. Nutritive material of an ovum
27. To insert long, thin strips of fat into meat
Copyright © 2001, James T. Ehler ( http://www.foodreference.com ).