FoodReference.com April 25, 2001 Culinary Crossword
NOTE: PRINT page to work on puzzle. A link to the solution is below.
CLICK HERE to return to Previous Page
1. A large Italian sausage, highly seasoned with garlic, black pepper and other spices, cured and air-dried.
7. A slice of beef usually cooked by broiling
10. Distilled rather than fermented
11. Cooking by direct exposure to radiant heat
12. Rum and lime or lemon juice with sugar and sometimes bitters
14. Dish topped with ground almonds named for a town in Derbyshire
16. Small quantity of fried batter containing sliced or chopped apples
18. Zea mays
19. Pot designed for cooking large whole flatfish
20. A leguminous plant of the genus Pisum
1. White Burgundy
2. A large open container for holding or storing liquids
3. Old World crocus having purple or white flowers
4. Flesh cookie
6. (Mexican) ground beef and chili peppers or chili powder often with tomatoes and kidney beans
8. (French) A small round rimless bowl for individual portions of food.
9. The tender meat of the loin muscle on each side of the vertebral column
13. British term for the tender meat of the loin muscle on each side of the vertebral column
14. Food or meals in general
15. Watery part of milk produced when raw milk sours and coagulates
17. Alimentary paste
Copyright © James T. Ehler, 2001 ( http://www.foodreference.com ).