FoodReference.com April 22, 2001 Culinary Crossword -
NOTE: PRINT page to work on puzzle. A link to the solution is below.
CLICK HERE to return to Previous Page
2. Aromatic bulbous stem base eaten cooked or raw in salads
5. A large vessel for making coffee or tea.
8. Second most popular sandwich at the deli
9. Becomes red when ripe
11. Distilled from fermented molasses
12. Fermented beverage heavier than beer
13. French loaf
14. Small open pie
16. French for a wooden spoon used to stir sauces
18. Long bean pods always sliced into half-inch lengths; a favorite in Britain
19. Cooking place measures
1. (British) leftover cabbage and potatoes and meat fried together
3. Wines from the Ardeche region, on the right bank of the Rhone
4. A portable electric appliance for heating or cooking or keeping food warm
6. The essential qualities or characteristics by which something is recognized
7. Used for turtle soup
10. A type of spatula
15. An ice containing milk
16. Cultivated for their aromatic and used for flavoring
Copyright © James T. Ehler, 2001.