SeaPak Shrimp and Recipes
See also: Rock Shrimp; Florida Shrimp; Shrimp Trivia; Shrimp Appetizers and Shrimp Entrees
SeaPak Shrimp Company ( www.seapak.com ), owned by Rich Products Corporation, has led the seafood industry for sixty years as the producer of the nation’s #1 selling retail brand within the frozen specialty shrimp category. SeaPak Shrimp Company is a founding and governing member of the Aquaculture Certification Council (ACC), a non-governmental, non-profit organization that monitors the social, environmental and food safety activities of aquaculture facilities throughout the world. SeaPak proudly purchases products from processors that have been certified by ACC, and provides ongoing support to the efforts of both the ACC and the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC).
COASTAL SHRIMP STUFFING RECIPE
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
• 1 12 oz. package SeaPak Shrimp Scampi
• 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
• 1/2 cup carrots, finely diced
• 1/4 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
• 1/2 cup onion, coarsely diced
• 1/2 Tbsp. chopped rosemary
• 1 5.5 oz. package croutons, plain or flavored
• Pepper, coarsely ground
• 1/4 cup vegetable broth
• 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
In a ten-inch skillet, heat the scampi on high for two to three minutes. Add the next four ingredients and stir to mix thoroughly. While stirring occasionally, continue to heat on high for five minutes, or until the shrimp are done. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Reduce heat to medium, add croutons, and toss or stir to coat thoroughly. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and rosemary. Add vegetable broth, reduce heat to low, cover, and heat an additional five minutes.
Serve as side dish or use as turkey stuffing.
SHRIMP, ARTICHOKE AND SPINACH DIP RECIPE
Prep time: 3 minutes
Bake time: 10 minutes
• 2 oz carton of SeaPak® scampi
• 8.5 oz can quartered artichokes, well drained
• 9 oz carton frozen spinach
• 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
• 1 cup sour cream
• 3 TBSP pre cooked bacon crumbles (3 slices of bacon cooked & crumbled)
• 1 cup parmesan cheese
• Bread bowl, hole cut in top and middle scooped out (if desired)
• Crackers or crostinis
DEFROST spinach in microwave according to package directions and drain well.
HEAT large skillet for 1 minute on medium high. Add frozen shrimp scampi and SAUTE for 7 minutes.
ADD artichokes, spinach, bread crumbs, sour cream, bacon crumbles and cheese to the skillet with shrimp. Stir well to incorporate all ingredients. COOK additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and shrimp is fully cooked.
SCOOP mixture into bread bowl (or a regular serving dish) and serve with crackers.
Secret Tip: To spice up this dish, try adding 1 diced fresh jalapeno to the skillet while the shrimp are sautéing.
BUTTERFLY SHRIMP BRUSCHETTA RECIPE
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 6 appetizer servings
• 1 package (9 ounces) SeaPak® Jumbo Butterfly Shrimp (frozen)
• 2 medium-sized roma tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
• 1/4 small onion, finely diced
• 1 clove fresh garlic, finely diced
• 1/8 cup lime juice
• Salt & pepper
PREHEAT oven to 425°. Arrange shrimp on baking sheet in a single layer so that the shrimp are not touching each other.
BAKE shrimp for 10 minutes.
PLACE tomato, onion and garlic into small bowl. Pout lime juice over vegetable mixture and gently toss until well mixed. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside until shrimp finish baking.
REMOVE shrimp from oven but leave them on the baking sheet. SPOON tomato mixture onto each shrimp.
RETURN baking sheet with shrimp to the oven and continue baking for 5 minutes.
PLATE and serve hot.
Secret Tip: Want to spice it up for your holiday party? Try adding a dash or two of red pepper flakes to the tomato mixture before you spoon it onto the shrimp.
SUGARED SHRIMP BUTTERFLIES RECIPE
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 20-25 minutes
Makes: 10 appetizer serving
• 10 slices of bacon, cut in half to make 12 pieces
• 20 SeaPak® Butterfly Shrimp (frozen)
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 2 teaspoon cinnamon
PREHEAT oven to 450°.
WRAP 1 piece of bacon (1/2 slice) around each frozen shrimp. Place shrimp in a single layer on large baking sheet.
MIX brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl then sprinkle over shrimp.
BAKE for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked. Serve immediately.
Secret Tip: Line your baking pan with nonstick aluminum foil for easy clean up.
PARMESAN CRUSTED SHRIMP SCAMPI RECIPE
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 15 - 20 minutes
Makes: 2 - 3 servings
• 1 package (16 oz) SeaPak® Shrimp Scampi, frozen
• 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
• 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
• 2 TBS chopped fresh parsley
• 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
• 1 loaf crusty Italian bread, sliced
PREHEAT oven to 425°F.
ARRANGE the shrimp in a single layer in a large oven-safe serving dish (see cooking note).
STIR the bread crumbs, cheese, parsley and pepper in a small bowl until the ingredients are mixed. Sprinkle crumb mixture over the shrimp.
BAKE for 15 - 20 minutes or until shrimp are thoroughly cooked. Serve immediately with bread for dipping.
Cook's Note: If you don't have a baking dish large enough for a single layer of shrimp, increase cook time.
BANG BANG CRISPY LIGHT SHRIMP RECIPE
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 8 appetizer servings or 4 meal servings
• 1 package (16 oz) SeaPak® Crispy Light Shrimp or 1 package (16 oz) of SeaPak® Popcorn Shrimp
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 2 - 3 chipotle peppers in adobo (add more or less to reach desired level of spiciness)
• 2 TBS lemon juice
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled
• 1 - 2 TBS chopped fresh cilantro leaves
• Salt and pepper to taste
PREPARE the shrimp according to package directions.
PUT the mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, lemon juice and garlic in an electric blender container. Cover and blend until smooth. Add the cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pulse just until the ingredients are mixed.
SERVE sauce on the side for dipping OR toss shrimp with sauce in a medium bowl and serve immediately with toothpicks.
SEASONED SHRIMP, SUN DRIED TOMATO & GOAT CHEESE CROSTINIS RECIPE
Prep Time: 6 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 30 - 35 appetizer servings
• 1 carton (12 oz) SeaPak® Shrimp Scampi (frozen)
• 1 Loaf French bread sliced into rounds
• 6 oz Plain goat cheese
• 1 cup (about 10 -12 pieces) Sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and cut into long thin strips
• 3 Fresh Basil leaves, cut into thin strips
SAUTE shrimp according to package directions. Use a slotted spoon to scoop shrimp out of the garlic butter sauce and set aside. Leave the garlic butter sauce in the pan on low heat.
PREHEAT oven to 375°. Brush one side of French bread rounds with the garlic butter sauce from the shrimp. Place on a cookie sheet (butter side up) and bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.
REMOVE toasted bread rounds from oven. Spread a layer of goat cheese (about 1- 1½ tsp) on each piece of bread. Add a couple of strips of sun dried tomatoes and basil. Top each crostini with a 2 cooked shrimp. Drizzle with a small amount of the garlic butter sauce over shrimp and serve. Place any remaining butter sauce in a ramekin for dipping if desired.